Developing for Mesa
Want to test your application on mesa? Please follow these instructions.
- Install your distribution mesa packages
- Make sure you're running mesa (glxinfo)
- Test your app
If you app is broken in some way:
- Try mesa from git either built from sources or using distro-provided packages
- Tell us on IRC (#dri-devel on freenode), you may get a fast solution or a temporary work around.
- If it is a bug, please report it on https://bugs.freedesktop.org:
- Product: Mesa
- Component: Choose the driver you are using (as reported by glxinfo)
- Version: Write the first to be known broken
- Fill in your bug report. Include a description of the problem, Xorg logs, dmesg output, any mesa output and if it is applicable, please enclose a picture of the problem. Identify how to reproduce the problem. If possible, identify a small test-case (either in your application or a small demo). Now if you're brave enough to do so, write a piglit test (you can ask for help on IRC) to expose the situation or feature combinations that are problematic.
Thanks for caring about Mesa and open source drivers.