5.1. media open()¶
media-open - Open a media device
- Device to be opened.
- Open flags. Access mode must be either
O_RDWR. Other flags have no effect.
To open a media device applications call
open() with the
desired device name. The function has no side effects; the device
configuration remain unchanged.
When the device is opened in read-only mode, attempts to modify its
configuration will result in an error, and
errno will be set to
5.1.5. Return Value¶
open() returns the new file descriptor on success. On error,
-1 is returned, and
errno is set appropriately. Possible error codes
- The requested access to the file is not allowed.
- The process already has the maximum number of files open.
- The system limit on the total number of open files has been reached.
- Insufficient kernel memory was available.
- No device corresponding to this device special file exists.